|A||SR, SWR & SCR||656||82||34||32||804||621||114||54||138||927|
|B||CR, WR, WCR & SECR||329||42||18||51||440||388||92||45||187||712|
|C||ER, ECR, SER & ECoR||877||184||134||92||1287||816||201||132||242||1391|
|D||NR, NER, NWR & NCR||761||152||68||65||1046||646||141||75||144||1006|
Note I: As per Govt of India instruction, the reservation for Ex-servicemen (ESM) shall be 10% of the combined vacancies of male and female of each group of zones.
Note II: Since the reservation for ESM and Female are horizontal in nature, vacancies remaining unfilled for want of suitable ESM and Females during recruitment shall be filled up by the suitable Male candidate as per existing guidelines.
Note III: Details of abbreviations: CR= Central Railway, ER=Eastern Railway, ECoR=East Coast Railway, ECR=East Central Railway, NR=Northern Railway, NCR=North Central Railway, NER=North Eastern Railway, NFR=North East Frontier Railway, NWR=North Western Railway, SR=Southern Railway, SCR=South Central Railway, SER=South Eastern Railway, SECR=South East Central Railway, SWR=South Western Railway, WR=Western Railway, WCR=West Central Railway, UR=Un Reserved (General) SC=Scheduled Caste, ST=Scheduled Tribe, OBC=Other Backward Classes, ESM=Ex. Servicemen
Eligibility of Candidates
- A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
- Educational Qualification and age: Category Educational Qualification Age Min Max Constable ( Executive) SSLC/Matric from a recognized Board. 1825
- Note: Matriculation certificate from a recognized Board for Constable (Executive) shall only be valid. Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational qualification SHOULD NOT apply.
- Physical Measurement: Category Height (in CMs) Chest ( in CMs) ( Only for Male)Male Female UnexpandedExpandedUR/OBC1651578085SC/ST16015276.281.2 For Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dogras, Kumaonese and other Categories specified by Govt.1631558085
- Date of birth mentioned in 10th/Matriculation or equivalent certificate alone shall be acceptable. The lower and upper age limit indicated in the Employment Notice will be reckoned as on 1st July 2018.The relaxation in upper age limit/maximum upper age for the following categories/ communities in the table below is applicable subject to submission of requisite certificates:Srl NoCategoryAge relaxation permissible beyond upper age limit1SC/ST Candidates5 years2OBC – Non Creamy Layer candidates3 years3.Ex-servicemen candidates who have put in not less than 6 months continuous service after attestation.To the extent of service rendered in Armed Forces plus UR – 3 years, OBC-Non-creamy Layer – 6 years . SC/ST – 8 years4.Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 ( Unreserved)UR – 5 years OBC–Non-creamy layer – 8 years SC/ST – 10 years5.Central Govt. employees (Unreserved) other than ex-servicemen who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular & continuous service on date of reckoning.UR – 5 years OBC–Non-creamy layer – 8 years SC/ST – 10 years6.Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from husband but remarriedUR – 2 years OBC- Non-creamy layer – 5 years. SC/ST – 7 years
- Date of birth of candidates should be between the dates given below:(Both dates inclusive)Srl NoAge GroupUpper limit of Date of Birth ( Not earlier than)Lower limit of Date of Birth ( Not later than)UROBC-Non Creamy LayerSC/STFor all category/category1.18 to 2502.07.9302.07.9002.07.8801.07.2000Note: If a candidate is eligible for relaxation of age on more than one ground, he/she would be accorded the highest of the age relaxations (not cumulative) for which he/she is eligible.
Candidates applying for the post notified in this Employment Notice have to pay the prescribed fee as per their category detailed below:
|1||For all candidates except the fee concession categories mentioned below at Sl No. 2|
* Rs. 400/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges on appearing in CBT.
|2||For candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-serviceman/Female/Minorities/Economically backward class. |
* This fee of Rs. 250/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges on appearing in CBT.
Note: In the event of cancellation of notified vacancies, the examination fee will not be refunded.
How To Apply
Candidates can click on the “New Registration” link on the home page of the Online Registration portal of RPF – Constable 01/2018 for the recruitment of Constable post and carry out the following:
Important Note :
For the female candidates who had already applied in RPF EN 01/2016, click the “Registration for female candidates already applied in Notification no.01/2016” button in the Registration portal of RPF – Constable 01/2018.
Login by entering the Registration Number & DOB as in the application of EN 01/2016, and fill in the remaining details required for your registration for Employment Notice Constable/RPF – 01/2018.
If you have forgotten your Registration Number, make use of ‘Get Register number’ option and retrieve your Registration Number of EN 01/2016.
Candidates who appeared for EN 01/2016 can either proceed with the above process or they can make a fresh registration, but NOT both.
- Confirm that you have read and understood the instructions clearly by clicking the check box.
- Select the Zonal Group to which you would like to apply. Please be aware that the Zonal group once selected cannot be changed after registration.
- Primary Registration: Enter your name, Date of Birth and Father’s name, Mother’s name, Aadhaar number(Optional), State/UT, Category, Education Board, 10th/Matric Roll number, year of passing 10th/Matric, mobile number and email-ID and then submit for registration. Before submitting for registration, ensure and confirm that all the information furnished above are correct as the details furnished for registration cannot be changed later. Please note that the email ID used for the registration must be yours and unique. Also note that both the email and mobile number will be verified during the Online application process with an OTP.
- Verification of email ID and mobile number through OTP: On submitting the Registration details, an OTP will be sent to your email and another OTP to your mobile number. Click on the “Verify through OTP” link on the Home page of the online registration portal and enter the OTP received on your email and the OTP received on your mobile in the respective fields. You can proceed with the registration only by entering both the OTPs. Hence it is advised to ensure that the email id and mobile number is entered correctly during the registration.On verification of both the email id and mobile number, a unique registration number is generated for the candidate. Candidate should note and preserve their registration number for later reference during the recruitment process and RPF will not entertain any request seeking registration number. Candidates can proceed with the online application by clicking on the “Candidate Login” link on the home page using the registration number.
- In the Part II & Part III page of the application, provide the details of Educational qualification, Community, Gender, Religion, ExSM, Minority, Economically backward class, Age relaxation eligibility category as applicable and other details.
- Set priority / preferences for railways: If the candidate is eligible for more than one railway based on his zonal group, he/she must set the priority/preferences for the railways. The candidates can set their priority/preferences by clicking on the “Preference” dropdowns.
- Detailed Educational Qualification: Furnish all the relevant information on the qualification as required in the application.
- Choice of Exam Language: English is the default language. The candidate needs to choose any other language also apart from English, from the drop-down list of languages.
- Candidates must fill details like Mother tongue, Address for communication etc.
- Bank Details: Candidates should provide the details of the beneficiary account in which they would like to receive the refund viz. Beneficiary name, Bank name, Account Number and IFSC Code in the online application. The amount will be refunded to the account number specified by the candidate only if he/she appears for the online exam. It is mandatory for all candidates to fill their bank account details.
- On completion of application details as above, the candidate will be directed to the Payment page to choose payment mode ie. Bank(Online-net banking/credit card/debit card & offline-SBI Challan) or Post Office- Challan and complete the payment process.Last date for making payment through Online modes –23:59 hours of 02-07-2018Last date for making payment through Offline modes –23:59 hours of 05-07-2018
- In case of online payment, you will be automatically directed to the next stage of application for uploading documents. Those paying through Bank-offline mode, the payment confirmation may take about an hour and hence they have to again login after 60 minutes and look for confirmation of payment status. The time period for payment confirmation shall vary from 24hrs to 48 hrs in case of Post Office payment. On getting the confirmation status, the candidate can proceed further with the Online application process.
- Uploading of color Photograph: After the verification of Payment, candidates can upload their colour photograph. The photograph should comply with the following requirements,
- Colour passport photograph with white/light color back ground.
- Photograph of size 35mmX45mm with name and date of photo taken printed on it.
- It should be in JPG/JPEG format scanned with 100 DPI.
- The size of the photograph should be between 15-40 KB.
- The color photograph must have been taken on or after 01-12-2017 in a professional studio. Photographs taken using mobile and self-composed portraits may result in rejection of application.
- The photo should have clear front view of the candidate without cap and sunglasses.
- The face should occupy at least 50% of the area of the photograph with a full face view looking at the camera directly.
- The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow.
- Fore head, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible.
- In case the candidate wears glass, then the photograph should not have any glare on glasses.
- The photograph must match with the candidate appearance on the day of various stages of recruitment process viz. CBTs, PET and DV.Last date for Uploading Photo and Submitting Application: 23:59 hours on 07-07-2018.
- Candidates are advised to keep at least 12 (Twelve) copies of the same photograph for further use as and when required during the recruitment process.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST have to upload scanned copy of their SC/ST certificates (JPG/JPEG format, 50kb – 100kb) also for availing the facility of free travel authority (Second Class Railway Pass).
- In the end candidates have to confirm the declaration “I hereby declare that I have gone through the eligibility criteria for the post applied for and meet all the requirements therein, that all the details furnished by me in the application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge & belief and nothing has been concealed or suppressed. I also understand that in case, any of the details furnished is found untrue during any stage or recruitment or thereafter Railway Administration shall disqualify me for the post applied for and / or I shall be liable for any other action under the extant rules.”After confirming the above declaration and submission of the application, the candidate may download the print of the application and preserve it for reference and record.