Senior Associate- Clean Energy Access
About the Organization :
Our Client’s mission is to improve the environmental and energy performance of the appliances and related systems we use every day, lessening their impacts on people and the world around us. They develops and shares transformative policy and market solutions in collaboration with global experts and local stakeholders.
Our Client is an evolving, international, non-profit organization with offices and projects around the world. We- re mission-driven and culturally diverse.
Our Client is the leading international resource and voice for improved energy efficiency in commonly used appliances, lighting, and equipment. Their programs and activities range from local to regional to global, helping decision makers determine and implement the most appropriate and cost-effective appliance solutions and convening global decision-makers to catalyze transformative action. Since 1999, they have worked in over 50 economies.
Position Description :
– Our Client is seeking an experienced development and/or energy access professional to manage the day-to-day operations and activities of a dynamic new clean energy access program based in Bangladesh. S/he will be an essential part of an integrated multi-national team that is developing and managing a program that will accelerate markets for products that deliver improved, more cost-effective energy service to households and businesses throughout the developing world.
– Our Client Clean Energy Access program is a fast-growing, dynamic area of their portfolio, and they are seeking bright, motivated, entrepreneurial professionals who is passionate about delivering superior-quality work that contributes to global clean energy access goals.
– Our Client is at the forefront of efforts to drive progress in clean energy access through better utilization of energy efficiency, and works closely with a variety of development, policy, and industry stakeholders on innovative and impactful programs.
– In partnership with several major development institutions, Our Client is leading an innovative new program to develop the global market for high-quality, highly energy-efficient off-grid appliances, which are essential to global energy access efforts.
– The program will couple Global LEAP Outstanding Off-Grid Appliance Awards competitions and results-based financing incentives to quickly drive best-in-class appliances into off-grid markets; the program will also feature a variety of market development activities and a robust monitoring and evaluation framework.
– The Clean Energy Access Senior Associate will work collaboratively with Bangladeshi and international stakeholders to create, measure, and report programmatic impacts, and will be responsible for a wide and diverse range of activities related to the development of goals and execution of program objectives.
Primary Position Responsibilities :
– Build lasting, productive relationships: Engage with program stakeholders to understand their goals, motivations, and constraints. Encourage and facilitate wide program participation.
– Deliver impacts and wins: Work with Our Client colleagues around the world to implement the program and oversee the work of independent contractors. Manage day-to-day program activities and administration to ensure program impacts.
– Transform the off-grid market: Identify and explore barriers to market transformation for specific technologies and products in Bangladesh, South Asia, and around the world. Develop creative approaches for overcoming these barriers that fit into and leverage program activities.
– Keep the big picture in mind: Conduct and roll out programmatic work within the larger context of partner, sectoral, and clients efforts.
Job Qualifications :
– Eight to ten years of experience in development, energy access and/or energy efficiency project management.
– Knowledge of off-grid clean energy market and issues preferred; Experience with results-based financing AND development program monitoring and evaluation strongly preferred.
– Entrepreneurial approach to design and execution of long-term initiatives, and proactive, nimble, and strategic approach to problem-solving.
– Persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written; exceptional written and spoken English a must.
– Experience communicating for a climate, energy, or technology sector preferred; ability to translate highly technical information for a lay audience.
– Time management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
– Experience overseeing the work of subcontractors preferred. Consulting experience preferred.
– Ability to work from the big picture to the small details.
– Ability to maintain composure, flexibility, and a sense of humor under tight deadlines.
– Strong interpersonal and listening skills.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel.
– Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree in a relevant field (e.g., engineering, international relations, development, economics, environmental science) preferred.
Job Details :
– Salary is commensurate with experience. This position is full-time and based in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and will report to Senior Manager of Clean Energy Access, who is based in the United States.
– Phone calls and/or Skype calls at odd hours can be expected. Frequent travel throughout South Asia and occasional travel to the US and other global destinations will be required. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Position Code : SA-CEA/BD
To Apply :
Submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, three professional references, and a relevant writing sample. Writing sample must demonstrate writing about technical content for a lay audience; 250 to 750 words, please. Cover letter should include salary requirements.
Only short listed candidates will be informed. This position will remain open until filled
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com