How to Open a Demat and Trading Account at Zerodha
Zerodha is the biggest discount broker in India with over 10+ lakhs customers. It contributes to over 15% of all retail order volumes in India daily by trading and investing in NSE, BSE, MCX, and MCX-SX. The charges offered by Zerodha are nominal and the trading platform provided by it is also fast and friendly.
Why should you open a demat and trading account at Zerodha?
If you are still confused about why you should open a demat and trading account at Zerodha, then here are top reasons:
- Rs 0 (FREE) for equity delivery trades.
- Rs 20 or 0.01% whichever is lower per executed order intraday trading and for everything else
- Same pricing for across all exchanges
- No upfront fee or turnover commitment
- Z-Connect, interactive blog, and portal for all your queries
- Over 1.5 million happy customers with a reputable brand name
- 300+ dedicated support team to ensure the fastest turnaround time for your queries via email or phone
- Trading, charting, and analysis, all rolled into one next-generation desktop platform Pi.
- Minimalistic, intuitive, responsive web-based trading platform Kite
- Average exchange margin utilization of 55% vs. an industry average of 70%—lower risk
How to open a demat and trading account at Zerodha?
Documents required to open a demat and trading account at Zerodha.
Here are the documents required to open a demat and trading account at Zerodha. I will recommend keeping soft copies of all these documents ready before you apply for opening the accounts as you’ve to upload them during the account opening process:
- PAN CARD
- Aadhar Card
- Canceled cheque/ Bank statement
- Your Signature on a piece of paper
- Passport size photos
*Optional– Income proof: It is mandatory to submit income proof if you wish to trade in Futures and options – Equity, Commodity, and Currency. You can submit Form-16, IT acknowledgment copy, 6-month Bank statement or your latest salary slip as proof. Anyways, ignore this document if you are planning to invest only in just stocks, and not in derivatives, commodity or currency.
Account opening charges at Zerodha
Here are the account opening charges at Zerodha
- Demat and Trading Account: Rs 200
- Commodity Account: Rs 100
If you want to trade in both equity and commodity, then you need to pay an account opening charge of Rs 200+Rs 100 = Rs 300. However, if you want to trade just in equity (stocks), then you need to pay the charge of Rs 200 only.
Now, there are two ways to open a demat and trading account at Zerodha:
- Online method
- Offline method
However, in the online method, to complete the eSign process, you will have to authenticate it with an OTP. So, make sure you have the number is linked to your Aadhaar. If not, you will not be able to complete the process. If the number linked to your Aadhaar is inactive, or if you don’t have any number linked, then you can visit your nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra to get it updated.
In the trading world, you need to be tech-savvy and comfortable with doing things online. All the transactions (buy/sell) etc that you’re going to perform in future, once your account is opened, will be online and through advanced trading platforms. They will require you to be technically smart. And therefore, start taking the online route as you can’t ignore the digital path in the future.
How to open your account with Zerodha Online?
Short Answer to Open Your Zerodha Account
First of all, let me give a short answer on how to open your account at Zerodha before my step-by-step explanation.
On this page, the front step is to signup using your mobile number and verifying the OTP. Then you’ll be required to enter your PAN, bank account, Aadhar verification, and personal details to continue with the signup.
- share market me paisa kaise lagaye in hindi
- share market kaise start kare
- share market me invest kaise kare in hindi
- how to earn money in share market daily in hindi
- share market guide in hindi
- atp in share market in hindi
- how to convince client in share market in hindi