Bullet Train Routes Finalized 1st Visuals Of Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet Train Is Out!
Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail
The project is also known as the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Project, according to the officials.
Further, the draft plan included several new High-Speed Rail Corridors.
According to this, several bullet train corridors have been identified, and a survey on Delhi-Varanasi High-Speed Rail already underway.
“HSR Corridors as proposed as part of National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) have been reviewed with an objective of enhancing the outreach of HSR network and increasing the connectivity to cities of importance,” said the draft.
For judging the extent of demand for high-speed rail between any two city pairs, a ranking system based on an index of five criteria has been developed.
Twelve New Corridors
Additionally, six new corridors have been proposed for enhancing HSR outreach and providing connectivity to other towns.
1. Delhi- Agra- Kanpur- Lucknow- Varanasi- HSR corridor – The recommended route via Ayodhya due to Religious Tourism Potential.
2. Delhi- Chandigarh- Ludhiana – Jalandhar- Amritsar HSR Corridor – Recommended to be extended to Jammu via Pathankot for enhancing regional connectivity and for giving an economic boost to the Jammu and Pathankot Region.
3. Additional HSR Line from Patna to Guwahati via Katihar and New Jalpaiguri thereby connecting Guwahati with Delhi Varanasi Kolkata HSR Corridor.
4. Additional HSR Line between Hyderabad and Bengaluru by extending Mumbai Hyderabad HSR Line. Further connecting Mumbai with Chennai and also will bring North India from Jammu – Amritsar – Delhi – Jaipur – Ahmedabad – Mumbai – Hyderabad – Bengaluru – Chennai on HSR corridor and all the major towns of North, West and South India shall be connected with 1 HSR Corridor.
5. Delhi- Agra- Kanpur-Lucknow- Varanasi HSR corridor – recommended to be extended to connect Patna and Kolkata.
6. Additional HSR line is proposed between Nagpur and Varanasi by extending the Mumbai – Nashik – Nagpur HSR Corridor. This shall connect Mumbai with Varanasi which will further connect with Delhi – Varanasi – Patna – Guwahati HSR corridor.