Book Upto 12 tickets in a month by linking Aadhaar of IRCTC
Book Upto 12 tickets in a month by linking Aadhaar
Now users are allowed to book upto 12 tickets in a month, if users get themselves verified through their Aadhaar number along with at least one passenger also being verified through Aadhaar.
· No Aadhaar Verification required for booking up to 6 tickets in a month, as earlier.
- Existing facility of booking upto 6 tickets (without Aadhaar) in a month
Steps to avail the facility of booking more than 6 tickets and up to 12 tickets in a month:
- IRCTC Registered User is required to get himself Aadhaar verified using Aadhaar KYC option in My
- User’s Aadhaar will be verified by sending an OTP on his mobile number linked with his Aadhaar number. On successful submission of OTP, user will become Aadhaar
- At least One (1) passenger on the ticket being booked, beyond 6 tickets in a month, should also be Aadhaar
- Users are required to verify the probable passengers through their respective Aadhaar number and store the verified passengers in passenger master list. This should be done before starting the ticket booking process, beyond 6 tickets in a
- User can add Aadhaar verified passenger from master list at the time of booking to book additional tickets upto 12 tickets in a
Step 1: Verify Aadhaar Number
- Login using your IRCTC User ID and Password on irctc.co.in.
- Click “Aadhaar KYC” link under “My Profile”
- Enter Your Aadhaar Number and Click on Send OTP button. OTP would be sent by Aadhaar System (UIDAI) on the mobile number registered with Aadhaar. Please keep your Aadhaar registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP and click on Verify button
- Click on Submit button to verify KYC details
After submission, your user is AADHAAR verified.
Step 2: Add a Passenger with Aadhaar Number
- Click “Master List” link under “My Profile”
- While adding new passengers in the Master List, provide correct and complete details i.e. Name, Date of Birth, Gender and Aadhaar number as mentioned in the Aadhaar
- Click on “Submit” button to Add and verify Aadhaar
- Passengers will be added in the Master List with Verification Status as “Pending”. No OTP will be sent in case of passenger Aadhaar
- To check the verification status of Aadhaar details, please click on “Click here to check pending Aadhaar verification status” option
- Verification status of passengers who have been verified with their Aadhaar details successfully will be “Verified” and for failed verification status be “Not Verified”.
- Passengers already available in the Master list without Aadhaar verification can also be
verified by using “Edit” option and submitting complete details including Aadhaar number.
Step 3: Select Aadhaar verified passengers during Ticket Booking.
- To book more than 6 tickets (upto 12 tickets in a month), select at least One (1) Aadhaar verified passenger from Master List and add to the Passenger list while booking ticket. If you do not have Aadhaar verified passenger in Master List before making 7th ticket & onward in a month, you will be not allowed to book extra tickets (more than 6).
Note: At least one (1) passenger on the ticket being booked beyond, 6 tickets in a month should be Aadhaar verified.