Aadhaar card update: How to change photo, address and phone number in Aadhaar card online
New Delhi: Aadhaar is one of the most important identity and address proof documents in India. Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the agency which oversees the 12-digit ID verification platform. It is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and is linked to insurance policies, bank accounts, vehicles, and many more services.
It has been made mandatory for the citizens of India to have an Aadhaar card which is both used for government-related schemes and financial services. It consists of the individual’s name, gender, date of birth, photograph, and address
This can be accessed digitally at the UIDAI websites i.e. uidai.gov.in and e-Aadhaar.uidai.gov.in.Aadhaar is a crucial identity proof for citizens of India that has a 12-digit identification number used as identity proof in offices, hotels, and other areas.
The UIDAI website allows the cardholders to change their name, phone number, and address on the Aadhaar Card.
They can visit their nearby Aadhaar enrolment center or Aadhaar Sewa Kendra to change the related information on their card.
Similarly, for changing and updating your photograph, you need to visit the Aadhaar Enrolment center/Aadhaar Sewa Kendra or online through the UIDAI website.
Here are the steps to change or update the photo on the Aadhaar Card:
Step 1: The user needs to download the Aadhaar enrollment form from the UIDAI official website.
Step 2: The details need to be filled out in the form
Step 3: Next, the executive present at the centre will confirm the information provided in the form via biometric verification.
Step 4: Now the executive will take the photo at the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre and Aadhaar Sewa Kendra.
Step 5: Now you need to pay Rs 25 + GST for changing the photos.
Step 6: The acknowledgment slip will be delivered by the executive with an updated request number.
Step 7: Finally, you can use URN to get the status of the Aadhaar changes on UIDAI’s official website.
Here’s how to update the phone number
- Visit the official UIDAI portal, which is Ask.uidai.gov.in
- Add the phone number you want to update.
- Add captcha code
- You have to click on the ‘Send OTP’ option and enter the OTP sent to your phone number.
- Click on submit
- You can then see a dropdown menu that notes ‘Online Aadhaar Services’. The list shows various other options including name, address, gender, email id, mobile number, and more.
- Select a mobile number to update phone number in Aadhaar.
- Add all the relevant details
- Make sure to select the option ‘What do you want to update’.
- A new page will appear, and you have to enter a captcha.
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number, verify the OTP and click on the ‘Save and Proceed’ option.
Here’s how to update the address
- Visit https://uidai.gov.in/ for further information.
- Look for and select the ‘Update Aadhaar’ section.
- If you need to modify your address, then click on the ‘Update Address in Your Aadhaar’ option.
- After that, the user will be led to a new page.
- Then, select ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’ from the drop-down menu.
- The user will be able to correct Aadhaar card details immediately on the portal as a result of this.https://uidai.gov.in/